Friday, August 28, 2009

First Day of School



Today was Avery's first visit to her preschool. I can't believe how fast time has flown. Our baby girl is going to school. I think a lot of mom's are really sad about this, but I have to say I am excited! I think she is ready, and it will be really healthy for us to have a little break. When I say little, school is two days a week for three hours. Still... it will be so good for both of us.





As you can see she loved her classroom! She really enjoyed sitting at her seat with her name written on the balloon in front of her. Avery knows some of her classmates and was happy to see them too. We were fortunate to have a few play dates with some of her friends during the week. I think this has helped them all feel more comfortable. She really loves to play with her friend Hendley! They are adorable together!



When we left her teacher asked if she wanted an apple. Avery replied, "Yes, what color apple?" Her teacher said they had red and green. Then asked her which one she wanted. Avery answered with, "Red. Thank you." Then she ate the apple. Just bit into it and ate. She has never done that before. I think she watched her friend Hendley and figured out how to do it!

Avery has two teachers and twelve classmates. I totally meant to get a picture with her and her teachers. That is on my to do list! They are really sweet and I think it is going to be a great year!



When we got home Avery took off her cute dress and put on her comfy new school T-shirt! She wasn't too pleased with me taking another picture.

2 comments:

SeƱora Sanders said...

AHHHHHH!!!! I am so proud and happy that Avery is starting school, but I was sad too...she is just getting SO BIG!!! The pictures are PRECIOUS and you all have had a big week!!! TE AMO!!!

Julie, the mama said...

I was just as surprised as you about the apple. I've always sliced Hendley's apples for her. Today was the first day she's just bit into a apple! Guess she saw someone else do it? Hoping this monkey see, monkey do mentality will help her start using the big girl potty. Nothing else seems to be working!