Thursday, April 12, 2012

Young Love.....



Wednesday morning was a little bit crazy we had three wardrobe changes before school (if this isn't the beginning of life with a daughter, I don't know what is).  Finally, we were on our way and all trying to relax from the chaos of getting everyone out the door.  At carpool I had my first chuckle.  After the teacher that got Avery out of the car she came back and said, "Avery is a lucky girl!"  Why?  I asked.  Because "B" (I won't use his full name) brought her a flower to school today.  Then, she proceeded to say that she wished he would bring her a flower and he told her she was too old!

Well, I spent then next hour worried about how Avery would react.  Would she be embarrassed, would she like it???? I didn't know what to prefer!  Then, I got to volunteer in her class.  "B" was as cute as could be and very proud of his flower and his new girlfriend.  Avery was equally happy!  It was quite cute! She was very excited to tell me that on the playground he played nicely with her and followed all of the "girl rules!"   As of today, I am not sure if they played together or not but for one day it sure was sweet!  Young Love!  

I emailed "B's" mom to thank her for making Avery feel so special and these are a few things she sent me in her reply:
These are things her son "B" told her on Tuesday

1.  Mom, when I told you before that I had a girlfriend I was kidding. I am serious this time.  Avery is my girlfriend.

2.  Will you take me to Home Depot so I can buy her flowers?

3.  She doesn't like to be chased so I don't chase her anymore.

4.  Avery is so pretty.  I wonder if she will be pretty when she is a lady.

5.  I was going to ask her to marry me but I forgot.  I will ask her tomorrow.  


Oh... I want to remember this one!

2 comments:

Tessa said...

are you kidding?!!!! That is precious. It's so wonderful that you blog and that you are saving all of these SWEET, precious memories. I love you! And can I just say, "B" has good taste ;) Love you sister!

Carrie Beth said...

Oh my goodness!!! I love all of his comments and I'm so glad his mom emailed you those. SO sweet. :-)