Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Milestones


My little boy is 27 months and continues to change everyday!  Today was a big day for him and a difficult day for me.  Today my baby went to school for the first time.  Mother's Morning Out to be exact.  He was excited this morning and my belly hurt a little because I was nervous for him. 

 However, we went to his school (which is the same school that Avery is at) last Friday met his four teachers that will be in his classroom with 12 children around his age.  They seemed very nice and had a variety of toys that pleased Dylan. He also liked the idea of going out to recess. 

Today was different because Dylan went by himself.  We pulled up to the door after dropping Avery off.  His teacher came to the door.  He was brave, until she unbuckled him and took him inside. It was then he was calling my name and crying.  I had to pull over and dry my eyes a bit but I know this is a good thing for both of us.  I just can't help but be sad that time has passed so quickly and my baby is getting so big.  He made it until pick up and the teacher said he did great.  He used the big boy potty, I did send him in a pull-up, and only cried for a few minutes.  


I was so glad to hug him at pick up time!  I missed this sweet boy, but we did it!  Both of us!  

2 comments:

Carrie Beth said...

Yea for Dylan!!! Such a big day for both of you, but I bet he will learn to love school before you know it.

Tessa said...

I got tears in my eyes reading the story of his first day!! He loves his mama... and doesn't like his teacher ;) Thanks for the update!! Love you!