Friday, September 10, 2010

She shoots, She SCORES!



Friday night was our first soccer game. I was a little scared, and getting lost on the way to the field just made it worse. When we arrived our little fearless warrior ran out to the field without a clue and started playing. She did run right onto the field next to us the first drive. But then she got the hang of it. She watched and learned quickly. She screamed, "remember no hands" to all of her competitors. Then, in the third quarter she scored her first goal. By the end of the game she scored twice and was thrilled with her performance. As were Trevor and myself. She gave it her all and ran all over! She was adorable and even with my slight hesitation I am thinking this soccer choice was the right one. Way to go girl!!!



The girls held hands during kickoff and a few moments just after.





Red faces, cooling off after the game!

2 comments:

Tessa said...

Oh my goodness, she is TOO cute!!! I'm such a proud auntie!! Two goals in her first game!! I love you Ave! Love you sister.

Julie, the mama said...

So, so, so adorable. Hoping we have half that much luck Saturday. From the looks of tonight's practice, it will take a miracle.