Sunday, June 19, 2011

The Big Getaway



For the first time in roughly 24 months Trevor and I were able to enjoy a night alone together. We have been very fortunate to have dinners and date nights but never an overnight. This weekend was fantastic! We started off Saturday with a fun birthday party then dropped the kiddos and Riley off with Ammy and Bampa for the night.

Trevor and I drove to Birmingham and after a brief time of not quite knowing what to do with ourselves we adjusted and enjoyed our alone time. We snuck in a workout, showered, and hit the town. We were able to spend time with a bunch of my college girlfriends. One of them is getting married next month and we all celebrated her engagement. We had so much fun catching up, I think Trevor and I were glowing as much as the gorgeous bride to be! We left the shower about 10pm and enjoyed a good night of uninterrupted sleep!

Us with Mary one of my sweetest friend and former roomate. She was with me the night I met Trevor!


In the car on our way out!


Some of the Auburn girls (phi mu pledge class 1996, wow we are getting old!)


A huge thank you to Ammy and Bamp for taking such great care of the the babes. They had a blast and weren't quite ready to come home. I guess between the good food, horse park, pool, and playing they were just having too much fun. Dylan made it through the night and was a big boy! I am over the moon that they all did so well! I know everyone will sleep well tonight.

Oh, pictures to come of our Father's Day. We all enjoyed a nice afternoon cookout over at our house. Happy Father's Day! And thanks Mom and Dad!

2 comments:

Carrie Beth said...

You looked gorgeous and I'm so happy you all got to have a fun night out! Hopefully the first of many more to come.

Tessa said...

I LOVE your green dress! You do look beautiful. Glad you and Trevor had a nice getaway. Lov eyou!