Thursday, September 29, 2011

Back to the basics



Gosh time seems to be flying and each day that passes I feel a bit of panic inside that my time at home with my babies will soon be over. They are growing so, so fast! Avery is in school four days a week 3 hours a day and I think it is just too much! Dylan and I miss her terribly and I just want a morning to play and lounge in our PJ's till 9. I know she loves school and is learning so much but gee whiz, time is flying by! Dylan and I are enjoying our time alone! We go to the barn and look at horses a few times a week, we read lots, of books, and run many errands. Since, I keep getting this "fleeting time" hysteric, I have really made an effort to stay off the computer, text a little less (still hard), chat on the phone less, blog fewer and farther between, and play more. I am happy to report it has been a lot of fun!











The kiddos are just as sweet as can be and play really well together. I love watching them! Every now and then Dylan gets a little sassy and whacks her with a golf club or pulls her hair. But it is kind of cute because it always happens when he wants her attention and she is doing something else. She never retaliates and is very patient with her little brother. I am working on it along with the temper tantrum he throws now and then. Dylan was pulling for the Red Sox this week and it is a bummer things didn't work out. However, we will be right back in the uniform in the Spring cheering for our boys! Avery and I made homemade chocolate chip pumpkin bread and cookies this week. We LOVE fall! And, Thursday Daddy met us after school to feed the ducks, fish, and turtles. Then, we all ate at the bakery. A great week for sure!

2 comments:

Tessa said...

So beautiful! I love catching up on all of you through the blog. I can't believe Ave is in preschool 3 hrs/day. Sweet girl. I love you!

Carrie Beth said...

I can totally relate to you and have been formulating a similar blog post in my head. :-) Hope you have a fabulous weekend!