Friday, December 5, 2008

Fun Friday!



Our day started out with Avery's 18 month check up. At her last drs visit she was miserable from the moment we arrived until we left. Today, she was an angel. She let the Dr. check her ears, mouth, and eyes and actually enjoyed it. She did have to get two shots and her crying was minimal. I did give her a cookie as soon as it was over and that cheered her up. After the appointment we grabbed lunch at Chick-fil-a. Avery climbed the playground and went down the slide herself! That was a huge accomplishment and thrilled Trevor and me. Now we won't have to hear the other kids that are playing say, "Excuse me, you are too big for the kid's playground" anymore. Here is a picture from the waiting room where Avery and Daddy are reading a few books.



After lunch, it was off to find the perfect Christmas tree. Avery loved running through the rows of trees and the fresh air. We are going to decorate tonight. I can't wait! This is my favorite time of the year!!!






Avery shared her favorite toy with her friend Sarah. I watch Sarah a few days a week and it has been a great thing for Avery and I. Recently Sarah began crawling and it is a whole new world. She can now get to all of Avery's toys, and she is fast. We are really working hard at sharing, and little by little she is getting it! Usually Avery shares a toy that she doesn't want to play with, but she is making progress. Sarah now knows the toys she wants to play with they are both beginning to understand what it means to share. The two girls are so cute together! Thursday Avery was more than happy to show Sarah how to work her car, and I am so glad I was able to snap a picture.

1 comment:

Carrie Beth said...

I saw you guys leaving Chick-fil-A on Friady...just as we were getting there! I hope Avery had fun decorating the tree. :-)