Monday, December 8, 2008

Trimming the Tree

We got the tree decorated Friday night but it wasn't until after Avery went to bed. I had big plans of a fun family night decorating, listening to Christmas music, and eating pizza. However, Avery was still a little too young. She was more interested in using the string of beads as a necklace. She just wanted to play! So we played and when she slept Trevor and I decorated, watched The Grinch, and had a glass of wine. It was a great night. We gave Avery one Christmas present early (imagine that I couldn't wait) a pair of puppy slippers. She thought they were okay and I am hoping they grow on her!




Saturday Uncle Scott came to visit. We had a good dinner at the Mexican restaurant and Avery just loves saying his name. Sunday Trevor and Scott were able to enjoy a "boys" day, as Avery and I went to Alpharetta. We went to the nursery close to my parents house to roast marshmallows and see Santa. Avery was terrified of him (boo hoo). She also managed to scare all of the other children in line, poor Santa. The rest of the day we made Christmas cookies. I love December. Avery aka the Cookie Monster had a ball! Tonight is Scott's last night and I hope to convince him to let me get a picture of him for the blog!



Auntie Tricia and Uncle Kyle joined us for our Sunday bake off and nursery run. Avery loves playing with them. Although while we baked, Kyle and Dad did the Christmas lights outside.

No comments: