Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Day One of Preschool...



Wow, time flies! I am still in shock that my baby girl just finished her first day of preschool. She woke up happy as could be, then ate a bowl of cereal for breakfast.

Avery eating her breakfast.


Silly poses in her cute ice cream dress.



My big girl in her car seat just before they got her out of the car. She was beaming and so excited!


I was so ready for this day! However, as soon as they took her out of the car and walked her through the preschool door the tears popped out! I totally did not expect to get emotional but it was a big day for me too! Don't get me wrong I went to the Muffins for Mom's at preschool, but quickly left to do errands, listen to the radio and enjoy my free time.

When I returned a little over two hours later they brought Avery to my car in tears. I thought my heart might rip in half. On the playground someone threw wood chips in her face. My poor baby! She just couldn't pull it together after that and cried on and off until I picked her up. She was crushed! Half way home she settled down and told me she liked school and wanted to go back. This afternoon she has been really happy and I truly am looking forward to us both enjoying our time apart!

4 comments:

SeƱora Sanders said...

She is so stinkin' cute!! I love the picture of her eating breakfast!!!

Carrie Beth said...

She looked adorable. I'm sure Friday will be better and she'll be all smiles when you pick her up.

Julie, the mama said...

Oh my. After reading this, I just asked Hendley, "did you throw something at Avery." Her reply, "yes, ma'am." Now, a few hours ago, I asked if she ever thought I would fit in my skinny jeans again, and she also said, "yes, ma'am" so I'm not exactly sure she is being honest all the time.

In any event, if it was my child that threw something at precious Avery, I'm so sorry.

One more thing - that dress is adorable. Guess you are bucking the play clothes suggestion too! :-)

Something tells me that by the time Boss and Dylan get to preschool, we'll be lucky to dress them in anything more than a diaper!

The Bennetts said...

You can't believe, try believing my baby boy is going into 4th grade! And my baby girl is a second grader!