Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Sewing up a storm.


While it has been raining cats and dogs in Atlanta, I have been using my free time to sew. It also helped that Trevor traveled to Dallas this week, so my evenings were spent finishing up a few projects I have been working on. Keep in mind
I just started sewing a few months ago and am very new to this hobby. I am really enjoying it. With Carrie Beth as my teacher, she so patient, I am finding success. She found an adorable pattern to make the girls Halloween dresses and walked me through each step. I am thrilled at how the finished product looks. In less than a week it will be time for Avery to start wearing it. As long as it fits that is!

I also completed a few burp clothes and they seem to get easier each time I do it. So take a look at my finished products. Can you tell I am proud? It has been a while since I have had time to do something like this and in about 5 weeks I am afraid there will be no such thing as free time.

2 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

WOW! WOW! WOW! And a million more WOWs! LOVE the dress, and the burp cloths are just darling.

I'm always so amazed at how talented my friends are...When I couldn't get the sewing machine out of the box, I sent that thing straight back!

Seriously, I think it is way cool you can make such cute things.

Carrie Beth said...

You should be proud!!!! I'm so impressed with how much you have gotten done and how quickly you've picked up on this new skill. Everything looks great. We'll have to get a pic of all three girls in their dresses.