Thursday, January 21, 2010

We made it just in time!

"Hurry, hurry we are gonna to be late", and "Few, I'm here!"
-Avery Reese Atkinson





Those three lines are three of her favorites lately. I think it is a direct reflection of me! With two kids and a very busy schedule I feel like we are always in a rush. It doesn't matter if I plan to leave thirty minutes early we are always one minute late. I am now an Atkinson, and in case you didn't know they are never late. I have to say it is bothering me. But,potty training a two year old, nursing a 3 month old, and everything else in between something always seems to pop up as we are on our way out the door. Clearly Avery is feeling it too and we are always in a huge hurry. Life just seems to be going so fast!

Also, I am really trying to work on my patience. I am a pretty patient person but with all of this "busyness" I really need to remember that I have to enjoy every second of these two adorable little ones. They are way too cute and sweet!

Enough self reflection for now. A few updates...

Dylan is talking more and more everyday. Trevor is a little worried that he might talk more than Avery. He really didn't think that would be possible. He is all smiles and sleeping in his crib. He is outgrowing his clothes so I am washing up the 3 to 6 months! He is just the sweetest little thing!

Avery is taking tumbling class and LOVES it! I like to think she is a natural. (wink, wink) She loves school and her Daddy. She says the funniest things and uses her manners really well. She has a huge imagination and loves to play with her friend Handley. This week they got into all sorts of trouble together. Playing in a big pile of mud is one example. She is so vocal and her vocabulary grows everyday. Her words surprise me daily. She is a doll, even when she tries my patience.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Remember when Avery told me, "It's okay Tess, take your time!!!" They both get cuter EVERY DAY!!!! And D- he's getting SO BIG!!! LOVE YOU

Carrie Beth said...

I'm right there with you in the patients department and feeling like we are always in a rush. It's getting easier though the older Harper gets and will for you too! Too bad we didn't have a camera with us to capture their muddy shoes, but thank goodness they came clean! :-)