Friday, January 29, 2010

Pinkalicious!





Today is a bittersweet day. Avery's big girl bed has arrived and is all set up. She raced in from school today to see the transformation and was ecstatic! Every night this past week when we lay her down in her crib she would say, "why do you have to put me in this little baby crib?" Well let's see if she can handle the big girl bed. I am hoping for then best and expecting the worst. You see her favorite play places are beds and couches. The girl loves to make forts with pillows and blankets. Then, she has to make sure all of her animals are cozy. She has quite the imagination!

For all of you pink lovers Avery now has the pinkest room only to get more pink when the rest of her bedding arrives (it is on back order). Lyn-Ann I am sure this everything pink phase will pass, but it is so adorable. The kicker... it is a Barbie theme! Totally girly and sweet. I never imagined my tough cookie would pick this out but I love it.

I just laid her down for her nap and will keep you posted on how this new transition progresses. We have Barbie PJ's that match her sheets and a Barbie doll to break out tonight to help motivate her to stay in her bed. These two little gifts are from Grammy Tina and Grampa Bruce. Thanks for helping us get her all geared up to make the change. We are so excited and a tiney bit sad to see out little girl growing up.

Next stop, getting rid of the binkie! That might be a while :)





4 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

Oh, I LOVE that pinkalicious room!!! So beautiful. I'm with you; I never want this pink stage to end.

Hoping this transition is smooth sailing!

Anonymous said...

AHHH!! She continues to get cuter and cuter... how is that possible? I wish I could have been there to see her reaction!! And her expression!! We know where she gets that from! LOVE YOU MUCHO and please put up that pic of Dylan when he's falling over on Avery. LOVE YOU

SeƱora Sanders said...

Avery is getting SO BIG!!! I love her pinkalicious room too!!!! My favorite picture is the one where she's closing her eyes! Kisses!!!

Carrie Beth said...

Her room looks amazing!!! Love all the pink!