Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Champions!

It sure is great to be an Auburn Tiger!!!

When I made our grocery list for the 2011 blizzard I made sure to include all the tailgating essentials. The diet at our house doesn't officially start until this football food is eaten. I couldn't imagine a better day to get snowed in and have an 8pm game. And did I mention get to see my Auburn Tigers play in the National Championship game???? I still am pinching myself!

After a fun day at home of cooking and cleaning we got the first kid to bed at 7. Some fellow Auburn grads made the dangerous trip over even having to park at the front of the neighborhood and walk to our house. We were happy to have them and so glad they were able to travel safely. We munched a lot, talked a lot to calm our nerves. then settled in for kick off. Avery stayed up for the ENTIRE game (until 12:08)! We cheered and sweated and relished in every single moment. Finally, we came out on top. We are elated! What a game and what a team!!!

WAR EAGLE!!!!!!!!!!

I so should have taken more picture! I didn't shoot the spread or the decorations!




Oh, about 12:15 Avery and I both fell asleep in her bed while reading a bedtime story. Does it get any sweeter? Well, Dylans 6 am wakeup was pretty difficult! It was worth it! War Eagle! Good night!

No comments: