Thursday, January 20, 2011

Spring Fever

Today we had a picnic and park date with some friends. A few hours prior to our meeting we had to change plans and meet at Chickfila. I was really hoping to be able to have some time outside but the clouds, wind, and temperature just didn't cooperate. We still had great lunch. The kids were able to get out some energy and we were able "chit chat" (in Avery's words).

After our afternoon naps and while waiting on Daddy to get home we bundled up and headed to the backyard. Riley needed some exercise and Avery was dying for some fresh air. Being out there for 45 minutes really gave me spring fever! The kids were so happy to just run around and play. The fresh air was amazing! I am looking forward to more and more of these kind of days!











Dylan playing this morning. Avery and Dylan's new favorite game is get into the easel and pretend it is a car and ride around the house. Not sure if it is safe, but they could do it for hours.




Can you hear Dylan saying cheese? One of his new words. Really I think it means give me the camera. He would rather play with the camera than smile for it!



Dylan posing at the water fountain at dinner last night. I was so into taking pictures I wasn't keeping a close enough eye on Avery. I wish I would have gotten a picture of her little splash. She was throwing her pennies in, about 5 and aiming for the highest bowl of the fountain. She was concentrating so hard that she fell into the water. She was soaked it was funny and embarrassing at the same time and of course I didn't get a picture!

1 comment:

Julie, the mama said...

I'm getting a bit of spring fever here, too. And that is not good since winter lasts forever here.

I love all of the pictures in this post, but more so than ever, I can't believe how growny BOTH of the kids are looking these days.

Avery, like that whole group of kiddos, is looking like such a little girl now. And Dylan is growing like a weed, too.