Thursday, April 28, 2011

Big time bragging



Okay, so I need that Mom moment.... I am so proud of my kids I could burst!

This week we had Avery's school conference. It was so fun to see how much she has grown this year. Physically, emotionally, and academically she has just taken leaps and bounds. She loves art. Anything that involves paper, crayons, paint, glue...she could spend hours creating. She can write her name, identify letters and numbers, and is very social. Of course, her teachers gave us a list of things to work on this summer, but I was tearing up just thinking about how much she has grown this year. Trevor and I couldn't be prouder of our little girl. We are so fortunate she has such a caring and safe environment outside of our home to flourish.

Then, there is my little blue eyed boy. He is a handful. He would rather grunt, point, or lead you to what his little heart desires but lately he has been trying to use his words. When I tell him to look at me and use his words, he tries! Last night, we were singing, I asked him if we should sing the Itsy Bitsy Spider, he looked at me and said "no" still one of his favorite words. Then, I asked him what he wanted to sing and he said "row row boat" I about fell over! He was communicating with me and had an opinion! My heart about burst! He also calls me whenever he wakes up from his crib and when I walk in his room says, "hi!" And, my favorite... when I say "whose Mommy's boy?" He answers with a yell, "ME!" I could eat him up!

Lately, I just see time flying and can't say enough how lucky I am to be home with these little darlings! I am so grateful that my husband values this time as much as I do and am grateful of his hard work that allows me to be home right now. Thank you Trevor! I love our little family to pieces!

Enjoying some popcorn and watching a movie!


My loves!


Enjoying Bambi and again enjoying their popcorn!

4 comments:

Carrie Beth said...

Love this post. Everything you said just makes my heart happy! :-) I can really tell a difference in Dylan's vocabulary too.

SeƱora Sanders said...

Shut up!! That first picture of Dylan is SO cute!!!!!!

Julie, the mama said...

Definitely worthy of some big time bragging!

Erica said...

I love this post, too! It made me teary-eyed, I have to admit!