Sunday, May 8, 2011

Dylan's First Class



Dylan is so unpredictable. Last week, a sweet Grandmother followed the two of us around Trader Joes for 30 minutes trying to get a smile out of Dylan. He never made eye contact, refused to talk, and never cracked a smile (despite being sung to, rubbed, etc) I continue to be shocked by his ability to ignore. For this reason, I was a bit worried about how he would act with a teacher in a class setting. We tried, the class is tumble bears a toddler gymnastics class with a few of his closest friends. He is the youngest and strove to keep up with his big kid friends.

I was nervous about how it would go, turns out I was nervous for no reason. He was awesome. The boy was so excited to get on the gym equipment and "no" was the word of the day. He didn't want me to help him with anything and insisted on doing everything himself. Except the big beam. He even walked with the teacher and followed a few simple directions. I was so proud of his first effort and am very excited about our upcoming music class!







Way to go Dylan! You are growing up so fast!

1 comment:

Tessa said...

Big boy!!!!! I want to kiss him!