Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Struggling to become a big boy



The only thing constant is change.

Last Sunday, was the last time I read, rocked, and put my baby boy in his crib. This is my duty every night and I love it. He is so cuddly, he plays with my hair and hugs me as we enjoy a few minutes of quiet time before he goes to bed. Last week he was upset. He screamed when I laid him in his crib. I still held my own left, and told Trevor we just might have to give him a few minutes to settle himself down. Well, then I heard banging so I ran upstairs and opened his door. To my surprise he ran out and downstairs. Needless to say we were both shocked. He was so upset and refused to get back in his crib. I did try but he ended up sleeping on his changing pad on the floor. This went on for the next two days. Finally, even though I am so not ready, I moved his mattress out of the crib and onto the floor. He is much happier there but still isn't quite compliant with the bedtime routine. And for the record, he used to love going to bed and even tell me night night time. I think he is really wising up and knows that we are still up when he goes to bed. Dylan doesn't want to miss out! Even though it is hard to think my baby is getting so big, it just might be time to get him a big boy bed. Seven nights have now gone by...without the crib I guess it is on to bigger things. Where does the time go?










1 comment:

Carrie Beth said...

I CANNOT believe he is out of his crib!!!! Such a grown up big boy and when did that happen? I'm sure you will find the perfect big boy bed for him and that the transition will be great.