Monday, August 8, 2011

The Sweetest Thing!



For weeks now I have been trying to decide how to write about this fairytale meant to be friendship. I am still not sure I can do it justice but I will try.

Once Upon a Time two families were out to dinner at the same delicious little restaurant. They happened to sit next to each other but separated by a big window (one family was outside and the other inside). The four year old Avery was drawn to a beautiful big girl (eight to be exact). So, she drew and colored her best picture and gave it to this beautiful girl. To her surprise the big girl we will call her Beanie drew her a beautiful picture with a sweet note. They talked to one another and even got their faces painted. And, that is how it all began.

By the time we were getting ready to leave I gave the sweet girl's mom Trevor's business card with my name, number, and email just in case we could ever set up a little play date where her daughter might be able to play and teach Avery big girl things.

A few weeks later we planned some fun play dates. Beanie came to our house with all of her favorite toys. Over the weeks she taught Avery and Dylan how to put on talent shows. They also made puppets and did puppet shows. They had movie afternoons, swim parties, dress up parties, and American Doll parties. Together they had so much fun and my Avery absolutely adores Beanie. Beanie was so kind and even included Dylan! He still asks for her just about everyday. She shared her love of nay nay's (horses) with Dylan. As a mom, I have always wanted a big sister role model for Avery and that is exactly what Beanie is, except better! She is wiser than her years, she has fantastic princess manors (all of which she taught Avery), and has the kindest heart. We really are so lucky to have bumped into her that hot summer evening.

I know this fairytale sounds very dreamy but it even gets better... she has a wonderful family! Great siblings and fantastic parents. Her Mom even taught me how to make hair bows one evening over dinner! We feel very fortunate to have gotten to know Beanie's family and we now know why she is such a wonderful young lady!

The bond Avery and Beanie have is something I have not seen before they are just so sweet together! Earlier this month Beanie and her family moved to be closer to her dad's job. We miss them terribly but are keeping in touch over email, texts, and letters. I am also very excited about a trip we have planned in a few weeks where we will be able to get the girls together again.

Sometimes in life when we least expect it something magical happens. That is the best way I can describe meeting Avery's "Beanie." I am excited to see how the girls maintain this special friendship over the miles.

To our favorite big girl...we love you and we miss you! Thanks for being so good to Avery and Dylan! They adore you and we are so excited to come visit you!!! XOXO




















3 comments:

Carrie Beth said...

So sweet! I love hearing about all the fun they have had!

Rebecca said...

Two of the sweetet girls I know! The feeling is mutual... that was a wonderful night for all of us. Meeting your incredible family was a gift. We can't wait to see you! Miss you so much already? xoxox

Tessa said...

This story melts my heart!! I really can't believe that Avery was able to follow her heart and give her that picture... and that Beanie responded so warmly and sweetly. Really, it is so special. Maybe I can get to meet her one day :) Love you sister!!!! Miss you MUCHO. Kisses and hugs to the babes. By the way, I love the way you wrote about their special meeting!