Sunday, December 12, 2010

Weekend Update!

So much to report, I don't even know where to begin!

Avery has taken an active roll in getting dressed. Mornings are a bit of a struggle when we try to pick out our clothes for the day. Friday was a beautiful sunny day and she insisted on wearing these polka dot rain boots to school. At least I was able to talk her into the Christmas dress. We don't have many more days to wear the Christmas clothes.

So I don't forget, her vocabulary is booming! The other morning she came downstairs and scared me. I said, "Avery you scared the daylights out of me." So later in the week she told me, "Mom you scared the headlights out of me!" She really thinks she is something when she gets to say this little phrase!



Trevor and I stayed in the entire week and even cooked a romantic dinner Friday night! Christmas china and Steak with the trimmings,not all of which is pictured below (and my new Auburn wine glass).



As you see the romance quickly faded when Avery decided to help us eat our dinner. :)




Then Sunday on our way home from a birthday party the snow started falling!





Avery created a Gingerbread master house which the kids gladly ripped apart and ate as soon as we got home from school Friday afternoon.




Then, they shared a rice crispy Mickey Mouse a friend brought us back from Disney World. Avery was so sweet to share!




Then Dylan won. I think she got tired of his screams for more!



Dylan is all of a sudden really into trucks, cars, and things that go VROOM!



And so not to bore you much more our little elf Kinochio has returned to us from the North Pole and helping us our with encouraging good behavior.

2 comments:

Carrie Beth said...

What a weekend! Sounds like lots of fun though. Glad you all had a somewhat romantic evening before Avery decided to join you. :-) I love how Avery and Dylan are becoming better friends...it's so obvious just looking at the pics of them together.

Julie, the mama said...

I am getting so tickled up here about scared the headlights out of me. And Avery picking out those boots? Hysterical. I too am learning to pick my battles!