Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Talented?



Dylan is getting good with his hands. He can pick toys up and bring them right to his mouth. He is also doing much better with his food. He can swallow and scream for more. It is safe to say he likes it!

Lately Avery has been very interested in drawing. I noticed her doing some very detailed drawings on the driveway this week. She was telling me what she was drawing and labeling her pictures with words. I was impressed by her rainbow (I think she learned that at school while studying St. Patrick's Day) and her little round person. This morning she did some other drawings and I had to post pictures of them. I am so proud of her. Take a look at my little artist!

This is her person. Notice the hands and legs, green eyes, red smile, and brown hair. Granted you have to use your imagination a little but I think it is pretty outstanding.


This is her landscape picture. Can you find the tree, red flowers, gray dog with a tongue and eyes? How about the yellow sun and blue sky?



Finally she is really trying to make an "A" Here is her best attempt at her signature. She is getting there. Four more letters to go!


I am so excited at how much she is learning! It is so much fun to see my babies growing and learning everyday! I promise I didn't help Avery at all with her drawings. It was all on her own. I watched her and helped when she had trouble opening a marker. Great job Avery!

5 comments:

SeƱora Sanders said...

Dylans getting SO BIG!!! And Avery will be reading and writing soon!!! Ahh!!! : )

Carrie Beth said...

Oh my gosh!!! I'm impressed with her skills! Handley is still in the scribbling phase.

The Bennetts said...

The head with the arms and legs coming out of it is just how Sarah would draw people when she was Avery's age! We were a family of Mr. Potato heads.
Kym

Julie, the mama said...

ok, when I first saw this blog I couldn't wait to comment about how BIG Dylan is getting. It is like he grew a ton overnight.

And then I got to Avery's drawings....WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! Those are A-MAZ-ING. Seriously. I can't believe that she is drawing like that at her age. She is talented.

Anonymous said...

I know I'm biased, but as a almost psychologist (maybe even a child psychologist- that may be my speciality), she is SO gifted!!! She is so smart! And an artist!! She can send me a pic anytime. and dylan?!!! He's growing every day! Love you sister!