Thursday, April 29, 2010

Wowie Gazowie

It has been a great week! Play dates, naps, errands and all. Last night we picked Trevor up from work and went to our favorite outdoor restaurant. Tanquaria del Sol. We all enjoyed our tacos and the fresh air. When we got home we played in the backyard (soccer, and t-ball). I just get so excited thinking about how much fun we are going to have when Dylan can play too. When it was time for bed, Avery let Dylan and I join her and Daddy for just one book. It was one of those perfect moments. I wish I had a camera but I took a mental picture. All four of us crammed in her full sized pink bed reading a story and laughing. That is what it is all about. The little precious things that melt your heart. Just after Avery was born my Mom told me, "Just when you think you can't handle it things change." I have found that to be very true. Just when you think you can't go another night waking up every three hours, they sleep. Just when the terrible two tantrums can't get any worse, they are over. Change is constant and these happy moments and sweet stages just keep getting better. Parenthood is awesome! (at least that is the kind of day we had today :))

2 comments:

Carrie Beth said...

I just got chill bumps reading your post! You are SO right and it is amazing the little things we get to enjoy each day with the precious kids. I'm so happy you all had a fun night last night and got to enjoy family story time. How sweet!

Julie, the mama said...

Oh, I just love that advice from you mama. I'm about to start clinging to that one (the Boss is driving me a little crazy these days!)