Tuesday, August 3, 2010

There ain't no stopping him!



These two are hilarious! They already have developed a very special bond. It absolutely amazes me. I didn't have a brother and seeing the brother/sister friendship and rivalry at 3 and 9 months is super sweet. Avery has a love/hate relationship with her little brother. She loves to feed him and play with him one moment and the next she can be caught giving him a gentle nudge and telling him to leave her alone the next. I knew the dynamics would change as Dylan got mobile, and boy has it ever! Now Dylan, he LOVES his big sister. He wants everything she has and is still enthralled with her. He lets her do almost anything to him and laughs. I am constantly reminding her that he is still a baby and fragile. He follows her everywhere and can't get enough of his big sister.



Two weeks ago Dylan began crawling. He has now mastered the skill and is trying very hard to walk. Last Monday, I found him standing in his crib when I went in to get him up from his nap. I can't believe how fast life is changing. I am not going to lie and tell you this is an easy stage because it is not. I feel as if I cannot get anything accomplished. Dylan is constantly into or on something and he can't quite do it on his own even though he would like to. This stage is full of tumbles, bumps, and bruises, and I am trying to make sure he is safe. That is a very difficult task when he has no fear.

With this new freedom he has also become very aware. In fact, this makes naps a lot more challenging. He absolutely does not want to miss out on anything and cries upon entering his bedroom. Then, once I get him in his crib he will spend most of nap time pulling up and practicing his new tricks. It is funny but I almost forgot we just did this with Avery. Life with a baby means constant change. I am amazed at how fast time is flying and how big my little boy is!


He did make it up and stood on the chair before I had to take him down.




Racing (Dylan giving a little bump to his sis)


The big sis reading to her brother


2 comments:

Tessa said...

I LOVE YOUR blog. D-man is getting so big!!! He's getting all over the place. I love the pic of Avery holding him and kissing his head. LOVE YOU

Julie, the mama said...

Isn't sibling love just the best? I often wonder what mine would be doing if they didn't have each other to play with all day.