Wednesday, August 18, 2010

A visit to Uncle Richard and Aunt Patty's House



There was a quote on Aunt Patty's refrigerator that I need to get. It went something like this..

"I have searched the world over for the best place on Earth only to realize it was right where I started."

Every time I get out of the car at Richard and Patty's I feel like it is absolutely the best place on Earth. The air smells cleaner, I am relaxed, I feel happier, and I love the gorgeous surroundings. Now, Uncle Richard and Aunt Patty have a lot to do with this as they spoil us from the second we get there.

First we exchange hellos and hugs. Then it is off to the garden. We pick fresh crops and eat them as we go.











Then, it is off to the wharf. We check out the lobsters, crabs, and clams. While we were down there, Uncle Richard pulled in and we even got to hop onto the boat.













Next, we head inside to visit and snack. A visit just isn't complete without Aunt Patty's shrimp dip. As you can see Avery was a huge fan. Uncle Richard even said this was her best dip he has ever had. We then eat the fresh cucumbers, lobster, crab, and butter! Did I mention that she can also make the best glass of lemonade??



We sure do feel blessed to get to stop in Friendship for a fantastic visit with the Burns Family! Next year, we may even get to meet their new grandchild. Thanks for having us Uncle Richard and Aunt Patty!


I just love these pictures because the house the kids are next to is the house Trevor's Mom and Uncle Richard were raised in. It is right next to Richard and Patty's house and just feet from the ocean. Imagine waking up with such a gorgeous view everyday!



2 comments:

Erica said...

Love all your pictures...such history in every one. Looks like an amazing trip to one beautiful place!

Carrie Beth said...

I love the pics of the kids touching the lobsters and that "snack" sounds so delicious!!!