Friday, February 4, 2011

"Mommy and Daddy are in LOVE"



Avery screamed this tonight after Trevor got home and we did the welcome home kiss. The kiss was nothing spectacular, although I was very glad to see my husband since the only break I got today was the 10:30-11:15 nap Dylan took. He is only taking one nap, early and short! I decided to keep the kids busy all day in hopes of early bedtime, an adult dinner and alone time. Still keeping my fingers crossed that it works out! However, that LOVE comment did make my heart skip a beat and feel a little gitty! It feels good to think our 3year old knows that her parents love eachother. It is something that I would like her to never doubt even though this parenting job causes us to have an occasional tift. I might add that her idea of love is the fairytale thing, a kiss, a prince, and happily ever after. Even with that, her words tonight were so sweet.

Enough about that, today was donuts for Dad at school. Avery was THRILLED! She ate two donuts. According to her one was cream filled the other pink with sprinkles. She then gave Daddy the best gift... a coffee mug with her picture on it, what they like to do "build forts" and filled with coffee. The major meltdown today was when she realized it was me in the carpool lane and not Daddy! That was when the teacher suggested an afternoon nap, we passed! Please go to bed now Avery (Trevor is reading to her as I type).





Two cute besties!


One last Avery comment to leave you with...
before bed, I asked Avery what she wanted for breakfast, her answer:
"Mom, I don't want to hurt your feelings but I don't like your eggs. Just Ammy's so I will have eggs when I spend the night at her house. How about cereal?"

She still loves make-up by the way!

2 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

The pics of Avery and Leighton made my heart happy...and sad. Gosh, I miss y'all.

The comment about y'all being in love was just sweet, sweet, sweet.

And I did get tickled that she got upset it was you in the car! Ha! That would SO happen at my house, too.

Carrie Beth said...

So glad she had fun at donuts for dad. Handley can't wait until that day so Robby can come to school with her. Avery's comments crack me up. She's such a hoot!