Friday, March 11, 2011

They did it!


Mission accomplished!

These adorable 3 1/2 year olds had a blast during their first official sleepover! We have had sleepovers at the lake but both parents were there. We also tried once this summer but one of the little girls chickened out and ended up coming home at bedtime (that would be my little one). This time however Handley was determined to make it till the morning! And she did! She was wonderful!

We started the evening at a local pizza resturant with the Posener's, from there we brought Handley home with us. The girls ran upstairs and had a pillow fight in Avery's room. Then played chase and were begging to watch a show and have a bedtime snack because they wanted to get to sleep. Well, then after teeth, books, stories, songs, and a prayer the sleep excitement had worn off and they wanted snacks again. To be honest I wasn't sure we were going to make it. I called Handley's mom and got a little pep talk. It was just what I needed! From there it was easy! I laid down with the girls and they began to slowly get tired and eventually fall asleep!





The next morning!



Handley was very excited that we had cereal with marshmallows :) We even made some homeade blueberry muffins!



The girls were so sweet and cute! It is hard to believe they have been friends for three years and even harder to believe they are brave enought to have a sleepover! Originally tonight I was supposed to have a girls night, I had it on the calendar for months. Trevor ended up having to travel and I was glad I did in a way get my girls night!

A few funny things they said:
When we walked in the door from dinner Handley said, "Tiara is there a burglar in here?" I was shocked she knew what a burglar was and immediately tried to assure her we were safe :)

Later while the girls were playing in Avery's room I heard Avery say, "We have to play with my little brother, okay?" This also shocked me!

Before bed Handley asked if I had cereal with marshmallows for breakfast. I love it! I also gave her a jellybean (obviously her first, sorry CB) and she said, "What do I do with it Tiara?" I guess I have a sweet tooth!

I wish I could have heard the conversations that took place when they were in the room alone :) I am sure it was sweet and funny! The best part about the whole event was that the girls anticipation was enormous! They knew sleepovers are supposed to be fun but they just didn't know how to make the sleeping part fun. I guess they are to little to know the secret is really just not sleeping :) I hope they don't learn that too soon!

6 comments:

Erica said...

So fun! These girls are getting so big, aren't they?!

Julie, the mama said...

I've been anxiously awaiting this update, and it did not disappoint. Fun, fun, FUN. What precious memories.

Carrie Beth said...

Oh I just loved reading your account of the sleepover. I love hearing about their sweet conversations. Thank you so much for making this such a fun night for our little girls! :-)

Tessa said...

Oh my gosh!! That is SO precious!!! Way to go Avery and Handley!! You both are SO brave!!! What a precious friendship. Love you!

Samantha said...

Wow, how adorable is that! Love the post and the pic!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness I can't stand how cute and big these girls are getting! They must have had so much fun! Adorable!