Monday, March 7, 2011

Twice the trouble

Last week was boring for Dylan since Avery was too sick to play. He did enjoy his first pudding and manage to squeeze into the baby doll stroller. It was obvious he was bored and I wasn't enough fun for him. He practiced going up and down the stairs like a big boy. This means walking up and down and yelling "no" at me every time I tried to help. He is such a copycat and wants to do everything just like his big sister. He absolutely amazes me and keeps me hopping.






This week Avery is back and they are up to all sorts of foolishness. While I was putting away diapers they were sailing across the wood floors in their new pirate ship. I am not sure that was very safe but they were laughing until I broke up the fun. Then, they locked the bathroom door, never good. When I finally busted in I found them playing in the tub with an army full of stuffed animals. I asked Avery how Dylan got in and she said she helped him. "I just gave his leg a little boost." I sat in the bathroom and watched them play. As I was giving them the this isn't safe lecture and throwing a tissue away Dylan fell right out of the tub and landed on his head. He was okay, and I am hoping they both got the message that it wasn't a play place. Those are two examples of some of the trouble they get into but most of the time it is just plain fun. Dance parties, building forts, and Dylan trying to keep up with Avery is what we do most of the day. Seeing this sibling relationship grow daily is a joy!


>

2 comments:

Julie, the mama said...

Isn't it just SO FUN to watch them play together? I am all the time praying that mine will love each other like they do now forever and ever. What a blessing that will be!

Carrie Beth said...

Oh my! So much fun and doesn't it just keep getting better the older they are? We loved seeing you all today and had a blast at the fun playgroup.