Sunday, May 23, 2010

Now I know!



Every summer when Carrie Beth and I sit down to plan fun summer events for the kiddos the weekends are always off limits. The Poseners are always lake bound. I have always thought it was a lot of fun but couldn't imagine spending so much time up there. We have been lucky enough to enjoy a couple weekends up there before. Once in the winter (we explored caves and waterfalls) and once Avery woke up with a fever and cut our trip short. Both trips were really fun. However, this weekend we were able to enjoy almost 24 hours on the lake. And now I know! Being on the water, in the sun, with the humming of the boat is SO relaxing. Then, looking around at those you love most having a all sorts of fun is fantastic. Enjoying friends company and laughing. The guys even did a little cliff jumping. Can it get better? YES! We swam, tubed, played in the sand, road around, ate, talked everything was good. Then, the magical moment on our way back to the dock cruising the lake and all four kids were fast asleep. Carrie Beth held Harper, Robbie held Handley, Trevor held Avery, and Dylan was next to me in his car seat. They were all so happy, so sleepy, and all was right with the world. I had to fight back a few tears because it is times like this without the distraction of a phone, TV, or anything else you are able to remember what is truly important. Family and friends are the most special things. A few times over the weekend I caught Trevor adoring Avery and Dylan. At one time he said, "I just couldn't love them any more than this." At that moment I was thinking to myself, I just didn't think I could love him this much!

The kids were all unbelievable. They were so active, didn't nap, and still played so well together. It was a huge day for Handley and Avery as they shared their first sleepover together. They each had their own bed, matching pj's, and they did it!!! In the morning they ate yummy cinnamon rolls together. It was a perfect weekend for the adults and kids. I truly didn't want to leave and go back to reality. I wish we had a lake house. I know I would go as often as possible.















Thanks for the wonderful weekend Carrie Beth and Robbie! We loved everything. Thanks for sharing! And....CB thanks for putting Dylan to bed. You are the baby whisperer!

2 comments:

Carrie Beth said...

This post just made me smile and get goose bumps! You couldn't have said it any better. I'm so happy you all were able to come with us this weekend. We loved having you there and we have got to do it again. :-)

Julie, the mama said...

The weekend does just sound absolutely amazing. Love the girls in their matching pjs, love that fact the kids were so great, and love that the adults got some grown up time with friends! It just don't get no better than that!!!!