Tuesday, May 18, 2010

School days draw to an end



This year whizzed by! It is hard to believe that nine months ago was Avery's first day of preschool. It is also hard to believe I was sitting in my car crying after I dropped her off that first day. I was forced to pull it together in order to go in for Muffins. Even though that sadness didn't last (in fact, by Labor Day I was upset to have school cancelled) school was a great thing for Avery. Both of us learned how to be apart from one another. She learned to make her own friends. She has become more independent. She has learned great manners, is potty trained, and most of the time is good at sharing. From time to time we do struggle with that though. I am just thrilled with her school, the teachers, and families we have met. Ms. Melanie, Ms. Catherine, and Ms. Shelley made the transition to school so smooth. They were unbelievable with Avery. They always made sure Avery felt safe and happy enough to take the risks that have helped her grow socially and academically. I am sad to see the year come to an end but look forward to the next few years we will be able to call it our school. I also have to note that for me having Avery in preschool has made me feel apart of our community. Until this year, we have lived in Smyrna and made our neighborhood our home. Now, I feel like we are very lucky to have a wonderful place for Avery to grow up and a community as well. To me this is a great feeling. I guess you could say we are getting settled.



Dylan wants to go to school!!!












4 comments:

SeƱora Sanders said...

WHAT AN AWESOME SCHOOL!!!! : )

Julie, the mama said...

Can hardly believe the year is almost over. Sure did fly by, didn't it???

We HAVE TO get together outside of school now. Lunch at Chick-fil-A? Playdate at park? Just something to get us out of this house.

Lollipop Girls Two said...

I could not have said it any better Tiara. Leighton has loved every minute of it too. I am so happy that one of the many things L gained this year was a new sweet, sweet friend. I feel very lucky that I was able to do the same!

Carrie Beth said...

Somehow I missed this post! Handley and I just looked at it together and she loved seeing pictures of Avery at school.